Wednesday 19 April 2017

Wind Moon, Pages 2 and 3


A little bit of moon and a lot of sky.  I don't like that I can see a little bit of column here.  I'm thinking it's because I'm actually gridding with Sulky Silver and not with a pen.  I may have to change up my tactics.   When I stitch in columns, I usually stitch 12 stitches on one row and then 10 on the next so I get a feathering effect.  It worked well on Adrift, but  find I'm still seeing the grids a little bit. Of course, this is only the first few pages of the pattern, and they should even out as I continue, but it still annoys me a bit. 

So this is two pages.  Page 2 started March 26 and finished April 5, and page 3 started April 6 and finished April 19. So just under a month for two pages. 

You know this is a big-ass project when you are 3 pages in and your status bar says 2% complete.  It's enough to make you cry.  But this is where the old 1 grid at a time, one column at a time, one page at a time, one row at a time comes in to play.  Baby steps!  I just have to keep telling myself that.  I'm not gonna lie, it's daunting looking at a pattern this big, and it does intimidate me a little.  But as long as I feel like I'm making progress on my other project, I think I'll be ok.  


I'm back to Meeting on the Turret Stairs.  And spring is FINALLY sprung. What a long, wet, crazy winter we had.  I have so many buds on my trees, I think they are expressing their own feelings at spring finally arriving.  It's going to be a beautiful spring!

Happy stitching, my kindred spirits.  I hope to see you all soon.


8 comments:

  1. Great progress made - you're already stitching the moon! This is so beautiful. I like your philosophy of stitching a row at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised the moon showed up so soon myself, it was a nice surprise when I had a sudden colour change.
      My philosophy may not work for, but it sure works for me.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful progress! The moon is very clear and the sky is beautiful. Let us know how the page lines go, I am also finding some on my HAED but I thought it was because the fabric tension wasn't the same across the piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stitch ion Qsnaps so I don't think the fabric tension is the issue. I also find when I draw on the grid that I don't have the same issue with grid lines. I thinks it's how I stitch with a stitched grid, I'm probably over compensating to the and pulling a touch too tight. I'll try a different kind of grid next page and see if the outcome is different.

      Delete
  3. That is incredible progress! Good job. I hope the line situation sorts itself out the more progress you make. It looks beautiful so far. Yay I'm so happy you will be working on turret next, I love that piece. Happy stitching
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the line thing sorts itself out too, I may have to start doing zigzag lines, I'll try it with the next page and see if that makes a difference.

      Delete
  4. You are very kind! I do update my blog pretty regularly, usually when I have a page finish, so it does vary timeframe wise. But I try to post at least once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your site and content so much,thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete